After a few years of hard abuse I finally snapped a Recretec frame! I noticed after a guide trip that the rear section of my frame looked funny. Further inspection revealed that I had in fact cracked the frame. Luckily I spotted it and no damage occurred to the raft. Over time water can get into the frame and rust it out from the inside, plus if you leave the frame out in sub freezing temperatures the water can freeze and crack the frame as well. I sent the frame to a local welder and a few days and few dollars later I was ready to put in back together.
I first needed to clean the frame parts of dirt and rust, then I used a rubberized coating to seal the area and the underside of the frame where it comes in contact with the raft. I also needed to do some maintenance on the standing platforms, the wood can delaminate over time. I used a urethane water based finish to seal the edges of the wood and the rivet holes. Let me show you...